(Re)connecting People & Planet: Learning and Well-being
A two-part course aimed at KS2 and KS3, taking place at an outdoor learning centre in the Peak District. The course begins with activities that help to promote connectivity, well-being and a sense of place and purpose before going on to consider the aims above. Participants will be encouraged to try out activities and ideas developed on the first day and reflect on and develop them on the second day.
Aims of the course:
- (Re) connect teachers with the bigger picture of education.
- Consider the role of education in the world today.
- Discuss the competences learners need to survive and thrive.
- Understand the role of global learning in developing a holistic curriculum.
- Recognise the need to connect to people and planet.
- Develop practices that promote well-being and sustainability.
Time & date: Friday 18th May and Friday 6th July 2018 13:30 - 18:00
Venue: Outdoor learning centre in the Peak District
Course Leader: Clive Belgonne
Cost: £160 per person for two days
How to book:Email email@example.com or call 0114 241 2750.
This course is also available as whole-school inset or twilight training - please contact DECSY for more details.