Global Citizenship 'Otherwise': Learning to see with different eyes
An online course consisting of an introduction (one hour) and four modules (two and a half hours each): education, development, sustainability and global change. Teachers can choose to complete any two modules to receive a certificate.Aims of the course:
- Develop more complex analyses of global issues.
- Engage with uncertainty and multiple perspectives.
- Become more aware of how we are part of the problem and the solutions to global issues.
- Expand frames of reference, recognising contributions from different knowledge systems.
- Engage from theory to practice and practice to theory.
- Open our social and ecological imaginations to imagine different futures.
- Build deeper relationships with historically marginalised people and communities.
- Re-ignite our sense of connectedness and responsibility towards each other and our planet.
Time & Date: 16:30 - 17:30, 18th - 25th April 2018.
Venue: Scotia Works, Leadmill Road, Sheffield, S1 4SE.
Course Leader: Vanessa Andreotti
Cost: £150 per person.
How to book:Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0114 241 2750.