Gender Respect Workshop: equipping teachers to explore gender equality with pupils
Thursday 21st June 2018 (9.30am - 4pm)
This workshop will give participants an opportunity to:
- Consider the relevance of gender equality work in their schools (including how it relates to statutory guidance)
- Discuss the theory on how children develop gender identities
- Discuss transgender, gender non-binary and gender fluidity
- Try out some activities and ideas developed and trialled by teachers from the Gender Respect Project for exploring gender equality in a global context with children aged 3-14.
- Discuss whole school development using the new Gender Equality Charter Mark
'The whole day has definitely improved my knowledge and made me feel more confident in discussing gender issues in work' participant at 2017 course
The Gender Respect Project aimed to help children and young people to understand, question and challenge gender inequality and violence. For more information visit: www.genderrespect2013.wordpress.com/
Venue: Scotia Works, Leadmill Road, Sheffield, S1 4SE
Cost: £120 (£100 for DECSY School Members) (includes buffet lunch and light refreshments)
To book a place contact: email@example.com or telephone: 0114 241 2750.